Are you scrambling for a Valentine’s Day treat and you realize tomorrow is Valentine’s Day? If so, these cookies are for you! (these cookies are also for you non-procrastinators, but procrastinating is more fun!) All you need is four ingredients, one of those being a boxed cake mix, an hour and you’re all set to impress everyone! Continue reading to see how you can impress even the pickiest of people.
When I say these are quick and easy, I mean they are quick and easy! All you have to do is combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs, and then fold in the chocolate chips and you are all ready to bake! See now isn’t that easy? (Fun fact, the Pillsbury strawberry cake mix has flecks of real strawberry in it which makes it look even more Valentine’s Day-y)
I used a small cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop) to make uniform cookies. You can use a bigger scoop, or combine smaller scoops, to make bigger cookies. I really wanted to make more bit size type cookies since I know Rob isn’t really a dessert person but I knew he would love these. They spread a little so I suggest spacing them out on the cookie sheet and not putting them right on top of each other.
After 12 minutes, they were done baking! When you take them out, DON’T PANIC! You may want to, I wanted to, but don’t do it. If you think they need to be cooked more, let them sit a second or two before putting them back in the oven. You’ll see that they will start to set and that they are actually done. The cookies come out nice and soft as well and most importantly, delicious!
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies
Easy strawberry cookies from a cake mix!
Credit: You can find the original post here
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until combined completely
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix until incorporated
- Place spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie pan (I used a small cookie scooper for this so they were all uniformed)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes so they set before transferring them to a wire cooling rack